ADVERTISEMENT FOR SHORT SERVICE COMBATANT COMMISSION COURSE 44/2016
1. Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission officers. The SSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the
Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
2. All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. Be a male or female between the ages of 24 and 29 years by October 2016.
c. Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA Standards.
d. Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanding officers. Civilians could be recommended by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
e. Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
f. Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
g. Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any
disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
h. Possess at least a first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less
than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from any recognized institution of learning.
i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local
Government Council or valid age declaration.
j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
k. Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or
a valid exemption as the case may be.
l. Only academic credentials obtained from 2011 to date will be considered.
m. Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin
n. Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos
o. Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
p. Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
q. Candidates must not be members of any cult/society/fraternity
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
3. SSC will be granted for 10 years. Six years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period up to 3 years. No extension is allowed after the ninth year of commission except on conversion to Regular Combatant where applicable.
a. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of
b. Conversion to regular commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy
and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
c. All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing
the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
d. The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training
of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
4. The following will apply:
a. Applications are to be made online.
b. To apply:
(1) Log on to http://www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
(2) Read the Qualification Criteria.
(3) From the Home Page, Select SSC application.
(4) On successful registration, you will receive an email notification containing your login details.
(5) Click on ‘Login’ to complete the application form.
(6) Ensure all required documents are uploaded:
-evidence of membership of any professional body.
-certificate of state of origin.
-birth certificate or age declaration
c. Print Out. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their
application. The first page is to be signed by a Court of Law and the second page is to be signed by
the Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or
equivalent and above who hails from your state. Successful applicants are required to present their
printed photo-slip to the selection board during interview
5. All applications must be submitted not later than 13th June 2016.
Department of Military Secretary