1. Remind yourself of who you are in Christ and what has been made available to you through Christ’s finished work on the cross.
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for possession… – 2 Peter 2:9 (MKJV)
And You (God) made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth. – Revelation 5:10 (MKJV)
…much more surely will those who receive[God’s] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ – Romans 5:17 (AMP)
2. Meditate on the truth that you are dead indeed to sin’s condemnation, guilt, judgement and curse just in the same way Jesus died to sin once for all.
For by the death He died, He died to sin… once for all; and the life that He lives, He is living to God… Even so consider yourselves also dead to sin…, but alive to God… in Christ Jesus. – Romans 6:10-11 (AMP)
3. Be conscious of the fact the God has brought you into a position of righteousness where whatever you do (good or bad), God still sees you righteous.
For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (Christ Jesus). – 2 Corinthians 5:21 (MKJV)
4. Be confident that God has completely forgiven all your sins (past, present and future sins).
In Him we have redemption through His blood,the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace… – Ephesians 1:7 (MKJV)
…Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities (sins)… Psalm 103:3 (AMP)
…their sins and their iniquities I will remember no more. – Hebrews 10:17 (MKJV)
5. Keep confessing that Jesus’ obedience (not your performance or obedience) has made you righteous until the reality of this good news gets into every fibre of your being.
For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One (Jesus Christ) shall many be made righteous. – Romans 5:19 (MKJV)
6. Now, you are empowered to go and sin no more and to start living a life of holiness.
…even so now yield your members as slaves to righteousness unto holiness. – Romans 6:19 (MKJV)
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under Law, but under grace. – Romans 6:14 (MKJV)
Note: God hates all sins including sexual sin. I am also vehemently against sin and I am 100% for holiness. Making continuous practice of sin will harden your heart towards God. But you can only overcome sin until you are always conscious of who you are in Christ and the provisions God has made available to you in Him. When you know and believe God has nothing against you because He has forgiven all your sins before you ever committed them, you will lose every desire to indulge in sexual immorality. In fact, the act will be so disgusting to you.
The grace of God is not a license to sin but it empowers you to live above sin. It is even more than enough to overcome sin. We just have to embrace it.
When you believe right, you will always live right!
You are blessed. Happy Sunday